JB's world

Jenny's pictures, travel stories and creative interests..

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

B days, beautiful blue sky, blue water, bush flowers and birthday

 On Sunday I traveled down the other side of Brisbane Water to Patonga, and at each turn the scenes were a delight, why had I waited so long to see this part of Australia? This is on the hill looking down to Woy Woy from Staples Lookout

 Driving down the road I nearly didn't go to the Mt Ettalong lookout, the parking lot was so scruffy and no sign to tell of the beauty a short walk away, but I talked to some people coming back and they said do it. This is looking south towards Palm Beach
 and then admiring the gum trees, grass trees and large rocks as I walked I made it to the lookout looking north to Gosford in the distance. What a hidden gem.
 Driving to Patonga the side of the road was lined with flannel flowers. The road ends at Patonga, but there is still more to explore.
And then on Tuesday my cousin and I went driving to Wisemans Ferry, St Albans and side roads exploring the past, only to return home to a birthday surprise.  Pavlova made by Grant who had come from Sydney especially for dinner.  Having a birthday away from home is a pretty good idea. 
Especially when I'll be back in Brisbane by Friday and then more celebrations at the weekend.  LG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home