JB's world

Jenny's pictures, travel stories and creative interests..

Monday, February 18, 2013

 After arriving home from Fiji, I just had to get moving again, a quick trip to Gosford to fill in some family history gaps, and then at the weekend I went driving, to places I have never been before on the coast south from Terrigal, the photo above is  part of Forrester's beach. I want more time to explore those rocks
 then I discovered the Three Points lookout and this is the view looking north.  Captain Cook mapped this area closely
 and if you walk a bit further at the lookout you get the view to the south, to Lion Head and even south to Sydney if I had taken the photo with the panorama lens, but for some reason I couldn't get it to work
 Maitland Bay is a hidden gem, its a 20 minute walk down steps to the beach and longer coming up, I went half way  to a lookout standing on massive rocks, (the dark at the top of the photo is a  tree branch) but the mosquitos made me change my mind.  Next time I'll take repellent and be prepared. Just wish I could grow  Eriostomens like the ones I saw flowering along the track
I ended up at Wagstaffe which is the end of the road on that side of Brisbane Water but to-morrow is another day of driving and that was even more breathtaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home