JB's world

Jenny's pictures, travel stories and creative interests..

Friday, June 03, 2011

Cruising again

After a few days in Suva it was time to leave again, Jan and Dave were going back to Bris but I was ready for my new adventure. We had a stopover at the Intercontinental at Natadola, a beautiful place. We went for a walk around the island at low tide and Carlo spotted a sea snake on the rocks just near where I was standing. Good spotting Carlo, not that it was interested in me, it was poking its head into all the little holes looking for food. We went to Nadi for a night before Jan and Dave got the plane and I got the bus to the cruise ship. There are so many taxis in Fiji but this one made our journey more interesting










I didn't get time to get a good coffee at Port Denarau, before we had to board which meant a 7 day fast, but sometimes that just happens and when you can't get good coffee there is always something to look forward to. We transferred out to our cruise ship and then were away for a short cruise with lots of islands in view to this small island, owned by Captain Cook cruises. It took ten minutes to walk around the island and then have a swim before we went back to ship and continued on to Lautoka harbour where we stopped the night.









Next morning I was up in time to see the sunrise, and the reflection on the other side of the horizon. We were cruising along the west coast of Viti Levu, and it was interesting to see this part of the island from the water rather than from the road.













I continue to be amazed at the mountain formations on all the island and the colour of the water, it is possible to see the road winding along the coast as we cruised by and this 'top hat' little island which I captured in close up


























It was hard sitting at the table for breakfast when I wanted to be outside taking photos, but we were heading to our first stop and I knew I couldn't survive until lunch time if I didn't have pineapple, guava, papaya, yoghurt, mushrooms, eggs, okra, tomato, toast muffin and mediocre coffee. (Not all on the one plate!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home